Wanna Know What’s Ten Kinds of Awesome?

March 4, 2011 by Marj Hatzell

Seriously, dudes. It’s been a heckuva couple of weeks.

My mom has been hospitalized. Now she’s in rehab.

Bugaboo had a record-breaking number of self-injurious behaviors. Then we found out he was allergic to APPLES.

My back issues are lingering and then I got PNEUMONIA.

The meds from the pneumonia give me vertigo and nausea. ALL DAY LONG.

My mom’s dog is making me crazy and he’s been here for six weeks.

BUT!

The husband and I are a bit stressed out. Home, work, etc. This week, he came home from work and said, “We need a break.”

So we are taking a break.

Next weekend, my fabulous family members are taking over and we’re going away. Just the two of us. To a quiet, happy place. Me and him, 72 hours. OH MY GAH.

TEN KINDS OF AWESOME.

20 thoughts on “Wanna Know What’s Ten Kinds of Awesome?

1. Katie says:

Whoohooo!!!!! 😀

2. the life you choose says:

whoo hoo indeed!
    Enjoy!

3. Papa Bear says:

Was Bugaboo the kiddo whose behaviors and everything else improved on a diet of nothing but apples, or was that another kid on another blog? I’m so confused!

• dg says:

Bugaboo loves apples. Bugaboo is now allergic to apples. His behaviors have improved dramtically since the apples were kicked to the curb.

4. Anne says:

Your husband is 10 kinds of awesome!! Enjoy!

5. She Started It says:

Have a great time!

6. JC says:

What an amazing surprise!!

• When he first mentioned it, I scrambled to get someone to watch the boys. Then I couldn’t make up my mind about where we should go. Then last night he just called and made a reservation. AWESOME.

7. Anonymous says:

This is fantastic. Have a great time.

8. Good for you!! ENJOY! It’s well deserved and probably long over due 🙂

9. Amanda says:

1,000 kinds of awesome! Have a great time!

10. Jen says:

Holy cow. That is momentous. I hope you have a fabulous time.

11. Dear Lord. No one has EVER deserved a vacation more!

Have a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL time … and try not to think about all that other stuff for a little while. Sounds like it’s all gonna be in good hands. I know what it’s like to try and “vay-cay” and spend all your time worrying about home.

Let it go, and let your hair down!! You’re earned it 🙂

12. […] noticed a pattern. This happens EVERY SINGLE MARCH. Every one. I’ve looked back over the past few years (see? There IS a good reason to […]