January 6, 2011 by Marj Hatzell
Holy Canolli, peeps. The world done gone and stirred up a beehive.
Regardless of what side of the debate you are on, note thusly:
- Kids are still autistic
- No one REALLY knows what causes it
- The autistic kids still need help, yo
- I don’t give a flying f*ck right now, because I’m living it every single freaking day
Today I’ve read:
- Our kids are misdiagnosed
- I’m a bad mother for vaccinating and caused my own kids’ autism
- My kids aren’t really autistic, they have something else wrong with them (okay, so you were there when neither one of them spoke a peep before the age of three?)
- If I would just chelate/supplement/do HBOT they could be cured
- Shame on me (for being interested in the results of eleven studies)
- Shame on them (for covering it up)
- My kid regressed after the MMR (he did? That’s funny, I distinctly remember telling my sister when he was THREE WEEKS OLD that I thought he was autistic)
Regardless of your feelings on the matter, things are effed up.
And once again, I’ll state this: Even if it were true, and my kids “regressed” and it wasn’t genetic and we didn’t have, like, five family members on the spectrum, I’d rather vaccinate and prevent a horrible disease and have an autistic kid then have them die from something horrible that could have been prevented.
That is all.