Well, Looky Here!

August 5, 2010 by Marj Hatzell

See this?  I want you to watch this.  Normally I would not post something that included our real names but this was too good to miss.  I need people to see it because THIS is what makes it all worth while, my friends.  My boy, growing and thriving, learning and happy.  It doesn’t get much better than this.

And, it makes it totally worth scrubbing poo off the carpet later that night.  TOTALLY WORTH IT.  I might have complained (or cried while cleaning, one of the two).  Because sh*t really does happen (and it happens to me a lot).  But what you see above (a small clip of about forty minutes worth of recording, including one part where we asked him if he wanted a Ferrari.  BOY SAID NO. WTF?) takes it all away.  It makes everything in our lives worthwhile.

I guess we have a different perspective than most people.  But man, we’ve got it good.

*And, by the way, we had to remove the drop ceiling because somehow, mysteriously, it cracked in the same exact spot the swing hits.  Can’t figure out how it happened.  Also Also?  The heat vent somehow became a wee bit dented.  Hmmmm…

8 thoughts on “Well, Looky Here!

1. HG says:

Awesome! Did I see him sign “more” for the swing?

2. MemeGRL says:

Definite five star material! SO awesome. If you’re going to speak–start with Mama!

3. Green V-Neck says:

“Mama!” It doesn’t get better than that. LOVE that swing, wish we had one here. For me.

4. Holly says:

Wow–that is truly AWESOME!!! It’s also great that your son absolutely loves to swing!! My son is afraid of all amusement rides except regular backyard swings (has been since the very first time on a ride).

Thanks so much for sharing this slice of your life w/us.

5. Amanda says:

Those are the moments that make it all worthwhile. Thank you for sharing with us. I needed this today. We finally have someone coming to the house to meet and greet and we’re going to FINALLY get our 9yo into therapy after all the insurance red tape.

6. Jennifer says:

The Princess and I just watched this and she loved it as much as I did. 🙂

7. pkzcass says:

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. And that swing sure is something!

8. TaraLyn says:

OMG! That is SOOO amazing! Congrats to all of you.