And The Week Just Keeps On Improving

July 16, 2010 by Marj Hatzell

Because my life isn’t interesting enough…

As if it wasn’t bad enough that the other night pretty much sucked,  I re-injured that pesky herniated sacral disc last night and yesterday I had to say good bye to my loving companion of ten years, Shad Roe the Wonder Dog.

You can read about HERE.

Dang it. It sucked pretty much as badly as I thought it would. The good news?  No more pain for Shadow!  The bad news?  Copious amounts of heartache for us! WIN!

Our poor puppy Bristol just can’t function. Where Shadow had no problem be ing the only dog for ten years (with the occasional doggy visitor) Bristol NEEDS to have other doggies around.  It just happens that the day I had to take Shadow to cross that stupidly-named Rainbow bridge (I really, really, really can’t stand that concept) we were extra-dogless.  The good news?  I’m booked solid for the next few weeks so she’ll be busy. The bad news?  There will always be an empty spot where Shadow once was.

Sigh.

A Boy and His Dog

7 thoughts on “And The Week Just Keeps On Improving

1. GeekChick says:

Didn’t know you didn’t like the Rainbow Bridge concept or I wouldn’t have used it. You do realize it is named that way for the Vikings, right? As in the way to Vahalla? Anyway, so sorry….

Hope you can squeeze in a massage later?

2. Lora says:

I’m so sorry. It sucks to lose a family member.

3. the life you choose says:

I hear you with the doggy loss.
    So sorry for you and yours!

Shad was a special doggy. I’m so sorry.

5. Amanda says:

I’m sorry. It’s sucktastic when you lose a member of the family.

6. Anjali says: