Technology Bytes

April 20, 2010 by Marj Hatzell

I don’t have an iPhone but I can tell you that hipstamatic app is making me crazy.  Pictures were crap in the 70s, tell me again why I want them to look like that on purpose?Hell, I’ve got a whole box of crap, over-exposed, under-exposed, yellowed, scratched, stained photos from my parents.  INSTANT HIPSTAMATIC!  Dangit, get an SLR.

I want a Kindle.

I still don’t get Twitter. So I guess I’ll never get more than ten people reading this because apparently you have to Tweet incessantly for anyone to read your blog.

Speaking of Tweeting, you can now take courses in SOCIAL MEDIA!  Like, they now hire people to use Twitter, Facebook and blogs!  Dang, I could be getting paid for goofing off on the Internets!

Someday, when I grow up, I’m gonna get me a real, live grown-up phone (with a qwerty keyboard!). Like a crackberry. But I don’t get touch phones, smartphones, etc. They are a pain in the arse to use.

iPhones aren’t great phones. But they do have an app for that.

I think I’m starting to understand the purpose of netbooks.  It’s so I look smart and hip and stuff at coffee shops, which usually have free wifi. And overpriced coffee.

Handsfree devices are useful for driving while talking, I s’pose. I’m more of a “shut up and drive” person.  Plus, have you ever had a conversation with someone driving and speaking through their car’s bluetooth?  ANNOYING.  It’s like being on speaker phone. Just sayin’.

Now, if I’m gonna indulge and get any of this stuff, I should probably think about getting a watch first.  But why bother, when cell phones have a clock?  There will never, ever be an excuse for being late again.  Hear that, teenagers?

Now I sound like an old person.  GET OFF MY LAWN!  DANG KIDS AND THEIR NEW-FANGLED DEVICES! But I s’pose it’s time to admit that times are a changin’ and we might as well change them, or risk being outta the loop, eh?

7 thoughts on “Technology Bytes

1. She Started It says:

Get an iPhone with the Kindle app and you can just read books on your phone. Which comes in handy with all the dropped calls, and all…

2. the life you choose says:

I like my kindle

I don’t tweet. Just not a tweeter.

Loved my iphone as a toy but not as a phone
    I have a samsung propel now which I lurvish

I did love watching movies on the train on my iphone.

Turns out it makes an okay ipod touch when not being used as a phone.

3. shattered says:

I can’t figure out how to use all that crap and I’m not inclined to.
    Now maybe I’m not inclined to cause it’s too much of a pita but I’m not too concerned either way.

4. rockle says:

I actually use my iPhone for calls more than anything else except Twitter in the car (when someone else is driving, of course) and Facebook at work. And even then, I can’t play Farmville.

And I have an SLR camera, but I do use Hipstamatic occasionally for stuff like flowers and trees and when I take pictures of my kid, like, eating yogurt or something, and I want to pretend that they’re more interesting than they are.

(But I actually LIKE those old pictures from the 70s and 80s, when I was younger and thinner and less self-conscious about everything. And when I wore tied-at-the-hip neon T-shirts with my name them on unironically.)

5. lora says:

I hate technology. Except for blogs, I’m so non-social and low-tech. I’m always pretending it’s 1970.

6. Oh, Kindle. LUST.

I tweet. I blog. Yet, I don’t own a cell phone. We all have our phobias.

7. Rebecc says:

GET a Kindle. I love mine and never leave home without it ’cause it fits in every bag I have. I love being able to whip it out everywhere to show other peeps how to use all that spare time we waste. I have had lots of “doctor-waiting” time in the last year. When they come in and I am using it they ask about it and it gives me a perfect invite to say “how I bring it because I UNDERSTAND how hard it is to keep on schedule and this keeps me calm when I have to wait a long time”. Don’t forget to bat eye lids and smile a southern lady smile when you say that!! ;>}