October 3, 2008 by Marj Hatzell
I am pretty sure that this week we are living in an alternate universe. In other words, a world not our own because THINGS HAVE JUST BEEN A LITTLE TOO EASY AROUND HERE. Although I’m now thinking that I should keep my big mouth shut, ’cause I just jinxed myself, no?
I mean, look at the evidence this week:
- Bug Boy has been in a great mood. He has been cooperating and following his routines in the morning. We get to the bus stop with plenty of time. He eats his whole breakfast before he leaves. He gets dressed and takes his meds in under an hour! A MIRACLE! The best part? He comes home and does his homework without a problem. By himself, because he wants me to “be surprised.” And BOY OH BOY I’m surprised.
- Bugaboo has not bitten or had a meltdown all week. He has been eating new foods (Spaghetti and Quesadillas, FTW!). He’s been great at school. He smiles all day long. HE SLEEPS AT NIGHT! Which means I SLEEP AT NIGHT! Which means, THE HOUSE IS CLEAN because I’m not spending the afternoons catching up on sleep. And he lets me kiss him. That’s the best part, y’all.
- Darling is out of his September slump. You know, the one where the days get cooler and shorter and he spends less time cutting grass and in the sunlight and then he gets all worked up about money and Christmas coming and BLAH BLAH BLAH. Well, he’s out of it. This week he’s all, “I LOVE YOU! YOU’RE HOT! LET’S GO SHAG” and “You spent too much money. We need a budget. THE END!” It’s ten kinds of awesome.
- The dog is even improving this week. She actually managed to catch rodents in our yard. I mean, usually she pretends she wants to catch them and runs after them and then is all,”OMG! They are too fast! I need a nap!” And this week she’s all, “OMG! I CAUGHT ONE! I caught THREE! Buuuuurrrrp. I don’t feel so hot. I NEED A NAP!” See? Improvement! I’ve found her twice this week with squirrel fluff in her mouth. Poor squirrels. N.O.T. Freaking trash pickers got into the veggie share yesterday. I am NOT amused. And we all know the Queen does not like it when she’s not amused. Ahem.
- Me? I’m getting the house cleaner. The laundry and dishes are caught up daily. The rooms are picked up. I’ve gotten fall clothes switched over. I even planned and cooked several dinners this week. In fact, I’ve already got meals lined up for next week. This in itself is a miracle, since I’m usually all, “OMG! It’s four o’clock. What the heck am I cooking? ” And now I’m all, “OMG! It’s four o’clock! Let me take the kids for a walk!” See how much more productive this is? I’ve got a secret weapon: The crockpot. Oh, and then there is this awesome website. I don’t use it every day. But it DOES make my life easier on busy days. Now if I could just get my eyebrows plucked and shave. (I’m guessing y’all didn’t need to know that, huh? My bad.)
I don’t know what I did to deserve this (I can hear y’all saying, “I KNOW WHAT YOU DID TO DESERVE THIS!”) But I sure hope that next week is more of the same. I could get used to this “nromal everyday life” stuff.