September 23, 2008 by Marj Hatzell
I have met my match.
It turns out that the awesome, smart, funny teenager that lives down the street and helps out with Bugaboo is more of a procrastinator than I am. In fact, the girl leaves her homework until the last second, hates writing rough drafts and runs up to the bus every morning with seconds to spare. I’ve told her that this is why she enjoys Hamlet so much.
You know, the whole, “Gosh. I really should do this. You know, my mom…blah…blah…blah, I gotta do this…blah, blah…my uncle…blah, blah, blah…Oh! Sword fight! Poison! OPHELIA WENT NUTS AND DROWNED!” The end. Remind me to give you my synopsis of War and Peace sometime. It goes something like this:
I know you are dying to hear the rest.
Anyways. Procrastination. I’m great at it. I’ll do it later. I’ll get to it. I’ll make a list. It’ll get done. And then it doesn’t. Oh well. It’ll be there tomorrow. So what should I get done? Well,since you asked (Ok, pretend you asked. Just to inflate my ego a little. I’m feeling fragile today, I have Aunt Flo visiting.) I’ll enlighten you. I know you are at the edge of your seat:
- Finish Evaluation Report questions for Bugaboo’s IEP coming up on October 8. They did the age-equivilant testing and it ain’t pretty. Which gives me more leverage to say, “HELLO! HE NEEDS THIS!”
- Start ER stuff for Bug Boy’s IEP on October 23. Or I could just wait until October 20th. Which is likely.
- Dust, wipe window sills and wash curtains, fall cleaning stuff, dontcha know.
- Call Neuro to get meds changed for Bug Boy, since he is now having sleep issues.
- Get fasting blood work done, since I am in the pre-diabetic range once again. For the tenth year in a row.
- Plan and make dinner. Something edible, preferribly. Or we can just eat canned or boxed stuff, which I hate.
- Make a meal plan so I am not sitting there EVERY FREAKING DAY wondering what we are going to eat for dinner ( I really need to get better at this)
- Take Bugaboo to therapy. Do Bug Boy’s homework with him while he is there.
- Get stuff ready for Darling’s freaking business meeting this weekend. He’s travelling three times in one month and we ain’t happy.
- Sand and Spackle the dining room. Because I have to keep saying that in order for me to believe that someday, it will get done.
- Start going through fall clothes for the boys, since they, you know, grew and gained weight somehow.
- Get a nap. Every day.
- Walk the dog. Every morning and evening.
That’s just a sampling. There’s more. Like, stop and get the prescription you stopped to get yesterday, and then left in the cart, and then they returned it to the pharmacy so you have to go GET IT AGAIN. Yeah, I’m good at doing that. And? How abouts sending in the medical forms to Bugaboo’s school so the new school nurse (who refused to look in his mouth last week when he bit his lip because she didn’t want him to bite her. Go figure) will stop sending the forms home. I’m shooting for the forms to be sent home four times before they actually go back.
Now, pardon me while I go get distracted by Yoo Toob or MahJongg or something.