File Under S for Stoopid

July 1, 2008 by Marj Hatzell

This is the third “Fourth of July” in a row that we’ve lived here.  And the third parade the kids will ride their bikes in.  And possibly the third go at winning $10 first prize for decorating those bikes.  I go all out, so I usually win these things.  And by all out, I mean that they are dressed to the nines, their bikes are decked out and the other kids look at us like, “It’s those overachievers again!”

How much did I spend to win a grand total of $20 (if we win)?

Forty dollars.

Sigh.

10 thoughts on “File Under S for Stoopid

Ah, but the kids taking home the winning ribbon is priceless!

2. Synia says:

But it gives you and your boys something fun to do for a day(or however long it takes to decorate) which is good quality time, well spent, with your kids! So no, I say not insane at all! 🙂

3. Ha! That’s awesome.

You’ll have to tell us sometime about where you lived before.

4. Jacki says:

But sometimes the amount of fun the kids have is worth the price, isn’t it?

5. R says:

And this is the second year in a row that I will be walking the entire parade route throwing things at kids with my business info in an attempt to get them to hire me for their birthday parties.

6. R, you actually want to throw it at the parents, because the kids won’t do anything with your materials.

7. Freakmom says:

That sounds like something I’d do. Glad you all had fun!

8. Yes, but you’ll have the satisfaction of beating out all the children in the neighborhood. Some of them might even cry!

9. Cryssyer says:

But dood, the fact that we HAVE to win is what it is all about 😉 I am sad to report that you have inherited this drive to win from our mother – remember how she went all out every year? I am so sure that she spent way more than $40 on the 7 of us getting prizes 🙂

Say, I may not make the parade this year – depends on how late Dave and I stay out tonight…I’ll call you in the AM (or PM if I need to sleep)….

10. I am thinking DG is too busy trying to win the contest that she is not blogging.

Girl!! We need the blog love!!!!