April 20, 2008 by Marj Hatzell
A sampling of what we encountered this weekend:
- Using the bathroom cup as a dipper to drink (yeah! He’s learning to drink out of a real cup!). Except that he was drinking the water out of the toilet. And someone (AHEM! Bug BOY!) did not flush it.
- Licking the ground at the soccer field to feel the gravel on his tongue.
- Licking the floor at Tarzhay, because he loves Tarzhay.
- Refusing to allow me to blow his nose, then sneaking up behind me and doing it anyway on the back of my shirt. Which then touched my skin. Ew.
- Spitting out a piece of chewed-up sandwich and then picking it up and tossing it on my plate. Guess he wanted to share.
- Picking his nose during church and reaching out to shake hands during the sign of peace
- Going to the bathroom and then sitting down immediately to finish his lunch. I sent him back in to wash his hands and he put his sandwich down on the toilet. Sigh.
- Picking up food on the ground at the fun fair and asking if he could have it.
- Finding a water bottle someone else left behind and taking a swig before I could catch him.
There’s no hope…