What Am I On?

March 12, 2008 by Marj Hatzell

Last night, I went here. And I met these peoples…

Bossy

Kristin from Well-Read Hostess (e or i? I should have asked)

Ruth, from Lemonade and quesedillas Kidneys

Rachel , from My Life as a SAHM( I already knew her, not fair)

Lauren from Dream Kitchen(I know her already, too)

Heather (Must. Find. Blog!)

Simply NutMeg from, well, Simply Nutmeg

Kelly from a Child is Born

The New Girl (and her equally cute sister)

and the one, the only, ADORABLE GIRLFRIEND.

And we had a rip-roaring good time. It was, in a word, sweeeeeeeet. Loud but sweet. And my high score? 43. YO GO GIRL!!!!

Srsly. I don’t get out much. But I am glad I did. It was fun, the place was super-cool and it was nice to go into the city like a grown-up, especially since the Husband, he is Metrophobic and Internetsphobic and OMGWTFYOUARELEAVINGMEWITHTHEKIDSFORAWHOPPINGHOUR phobic. He even called to check on me to make sure I wasn’t dead in an alley or lost in the “wrong” part of town (and I was about a mile away when he called, so no worries. Although I did make one teensy little wrong turn and we ended up getting out of the city in a slightly different manner from which we came. Because I went the wrong way on Spring Garden because I got turned around, even though I have this thing called a compass on my car that tells me which direction to go, and E means East and the river is East and that’s where I had to go. Never mind the fact that I spent the evening bragging about what an awesome sense of direction I have and I never get lost.)

The highlight of my evening? When I got my thumb caught in a child’s size ball, because the other balls were too big for me (that sounds wrong, doesn’t it?). I nearly cried, I was laughing so hard. See, that’s such a DG thing to do, get a finger caught. It’s either that or lock myself out of a vehicle running with kids belted inside, with the house door locked so I can’t get my spare set of keys and I have to go bang on a neighbor’s door to summon my brother or dad or neighbor (who has a key for this reason!).

The worst part of my evening? The end. No really. I was tired, knew I had to get up with kids in a few hours, but I still didn’t want it to end. Oh. And the other worst part was when I had to pay $2 for the privilege of getting money from an ATM in the city. So I technically bought my own money. Which sucks. Blood-sucking bastitches.

Oh, and to answer Lauren’s question. What am I on, and can I give her some?  Nope.  Can’t do it. This is me, naturally.  I cannot stop moving.  It’s like the energizer bunny, really. I just keep on going. And going. And going.  And those of me who know me well are all, “YEAH!  SHE NEVER STOPS!”  And then I wonder where my kids get it. Hmmmm…I wonder.

13 thoughts on “What Am I On?

1. I had to click on the link to see where all you people hung out. I love the look of that place. I want that in my basement.

… ’til your daddy took the T-Bird away? Dude, I wish I had 1/100th of your energy!

(Heather is at HGSpot.blogspot.com)

3. HG says:

I am here! I am here! And there (imagine upwards/downwards/whateverwards arrow pointing to blog address).

I will admit to enjoying your stuck thumb shenanigans. And everyone I know is getting Gummy Bacon and T-Bone for Christmas (with strawberry flavor!).

4. HG says:

BTW, I was very relieved to see that I’m not the only person I know linking to Wil Wheaton’s blog.

5. justanadorablegirl says:

Last night was so fun! Thanks to Bossy for including the new kid on the block. That vending machine with the silly trinkets was more icing on the cake than the one tooth man behind the counter and the year round Christmanakkuh display in the front.

Did I mention the two, not one, cosmos I drank sans food?!

We have to do it again and if you cannot come out, we can bring the fun to your house! AG has babysat many a child and despite what my BFF says, all of her children are still alive (and they like me BETTER than her!).

I heart y’all.

6. MamaMo says:

Could you please send me a photo of your husband, ’cause I think we’re married to the same guy! 🙂

7. nutmeg says:

I’d say it was a booming success. I vote for bi-monthly repeats!

8. the new girl says:

It was SO great to meet you all! What a blast that was.
    xo

9. Kelly says:

I’m with Meg. Every other month seems a perfectly reasonable amount of time between wild blogger soirees!

10. […] Convention where  I hung out with some old friends and met some new.  You can read more about it here.  I refused to bowl because I don’t like to do things I’m not good at in front of […]

11. romancechick says:

I wish I could have gone. Sigh, however, I don’t think I want to leave Baton Rouge this time of year.

12. […] few weeks ago I met some of Bossy’s homeys and had a blast.  I also developed some new friendships. These are classy chicks and they make me […]