Oh, The Places He’ll Go!

January 12, 2008 by Marj Hatzell

Just a sample of Bugaboo’s weekend so far:

-Said “Baaa” for bath, said, “No,no, no, no, no” when picking up rocks and throwing them because I always tell him no. He did this several times. Said, “Up! Up!” when wanting to be picked up. His little voice is so quiet and subtle, but it is there!
-signed shoes, bath and candy many times (and drat, we have to give him the candy when he does that. He had three baths because he kept asking!).
-pointing to his ears, nose and mouth for the FIRST TIME EVER!!!!!!! He knows where they are!
-Laughing hysterically when we read Moo, Baa, Lalala and I did the animal noises. He held his horse and played with it while I read. I read him a story and HE SAT FOR IT. This has not happened before, people.
-When I asked him if he wanted to watch Chicka Chicka, Boom Boom (the only thing he watches) he replied, “A, B, B, B, D, D” WOW!
Okay, do you think his meds are working or what? Just goes to show you that he was meant to be on them, in my opinion. And, this week when he FINALLY went back to school his teacher told me that in the three weeks he was off, not only did he NOT regress, but he has now moved on to the next skill set! Now, he is going through major changes right now (which means less sleep, more tantrums and more frustration) but holy cow, what a week.

What a week indeed.
bugaboo-asleep-on-the-stairs-christmas-day-sm.jpg
Bugaboo sound asleep on the stairs. Christmas Day, 2007.
Yes, he can fall asleep in some interesting places.
Notice the bathing suit, fuzzy blanket and pullover hoodie, his basic uniform on Saturdays.

6 thoughts on “Oh, The Places He’ll Go!

1. Dirkey says:

so awesome!
    What wonderful news, so happy to read it!
    I also really enjoyed the article that you linked too before. Thanks!

2. Trace says:

I’m so glad you’re happy w/your decision and you are seeing a difference!

3. MemeGRL says:

God, that’s great. Those breakthrough weeks are so exciting they are almost worth the other disruptions, aren’t they? Hooray for you for continuing to push until you found something that would work. Congrats!

4. MommyBrain says:

This is so great and I’m really happy for you.

5. AbbysMomma says:

OMG! That is amazing…HE is amazing…I can’t believe it! Well, I do, but I’m just so dang excited for you ALL!

Bath…he said bath….and no….and all of these other milestones this week. WooHoo!

6. AbbysMomma says:

Oooppss….did I forget to say that I am happy the meds are working out that you are at peace with your decision? Well, I am…happy that is… 🙂