Wretched Excess? Or Pretty Darn Lucky?

October 2, 2007 by Marj Hatzell

Oh. My.  GAAAAAAAH.

Seriously, you need to check this website out. Part of me thought I’d love to be able to get some of that stuff for my kids.  Then I realized that they are doing fine without it.

Is this another example of our ridiculously excessive society?  Or should people be entitled to this because they earned it?  The thing is that the people who can afford to shop on that site most likely came into that money, if you know what I mean.  I know it is really no concern of mine what others do with their money, but PUHLEASE!  There has to be a limit to everything.

Every girl wants one of these.

Every boy wants one of these.

Why yes, I am being deliberately sexist!  I mean, really!  Have you looked at that site?  The big question  is HOW DID THEY FIND ME AND WHY DID THEY SEND ME A CATALOG?

6 thoughts on “Wretched Excess? Or Pretty Darn Lucky?

1. Heather says:

Check out their “sale” page!!!! I love looking at that stuff! I

2. BOSSY says:

Bossy’s gonna Just Say No.

3. Angela says:

I am sure my son would love that. We could put it on our balcony. lol
    If only I was rich

4. Keri says:

Oh my. Yeah that would have been terrifying to have appear in our mailbox when my little princess was a child. I could just see the grandparents fighting over who was going to spoil her more rotten… they had issues those grandparents did…

Holy jeebus. That is quite a carriage.

5. Cryssyer says:

I have gotten that catalog too, and promptly threw it out before Dino could see it. How to explain that not every child gets a full fledged pirate ship in their back yard?

I think they got my name off of another catalog list that I DO order from once in a great while. It’s just what they call “Hopeful Marketing” where they look at what was ordered and hope to tempt someone to buy from them. Too bad we are too practical for that technique 😉

On a different note, I thought our dear brother was holding Thanksgiving? Don’t know, but I thought I heard it. I am absolutely doing Christmas Eve, and am looking forward to it. After all, I got the room and I haven’t had a reason to redecorate in two years! LOL No Charles Dickens theme, although I would love to try the roasted pears. I think I will go with Toyland instead – that would be more accurate 🙂 Watch for the invites….

6. Nadine says:

VERY cute but the prize of that carriage… $47,000! Not in 47,000 years.