April 20, 2008 by The Domestic Goddess
Generally I run screaming from Memes, but since this one involves books, I have to give it a whirl. Especially since I rarely read books for pleasure these days (I’m all about reading books that help my family, however). You can thank Mommy Pie later. Anywho, without further ado:
Three Books I want to read but haven’t gotten around to:
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (I’m up to page three, read that the day it came out. Haven’t picked it up since. I’ve been busy.)
- Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister: A Novel (another one taking up permanent residency on my nightstand)
- Born on a Blue Day . I usually read autism self-help books but lately have become interested in reading books by autistic authors. It sorta (but not really) gives me a teensy bit of insight into my children’s minds.
Two books that changed my life:
- The Secret Garden. I read this in second grade and ever since I’ve had a bit of an issue with reading a book and knowing when to PUT IT DOWN. I tend to read cover to cover, even into the wee hours of the night. Can’t afford that these days though.
- Anything by Jane Austen. Hate to cop out, but seriously, I had to read Pride and Prejudice in high school for summer reading and then I read everything I could get my hands on. I wanted more, more, more. Other kids at school were all, “Wha? You’re reading them on purpose?”
One book I’ve been talking about since they day I read it:
- A Prayer for Owen Meany. Seriously, how could you NOT love this book? I love a book with twists and turns and surprises and weird stuff. Maybe because I am weird stuff, I dunno. But I can tell you, if you haven’t read it DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOR. I promise you’ll enjoy it. And if you don’t, PBLTT! By the way, Hollywood? Stop trying to make half-arsed efforts to make movies out of my favorite books. You change too much and most of the time it sucks arse anyways. The end.
There you have it. If you wanna share, play along or filch, be my guest.