September 1, 2006 by The Domestic Goddess
- SIL is here with her son and we are having a nice visit.
- We are supposed to be away on vacation right now, but due to Bugaboo’s current medical issues we did not feel it was a good time for us to go.
- We spent the week being lazy and sleeping late but got more housework done in two days then I usually get done all month. Having Darling home is good, in some ways. He takes over with the kids when I need to, I get naps and they love having him home.
- It was a great day to take the kids to a local farm/orchard where they have a phat playground. It wasn’t busy, it wasn’t hot and the kids had a blast. We were there for two hours.
- We had a nice lunch at Panera’s. All three kids were ready to fall asleep at lunch.
- Only one kid slept when we got home. Not my kids.
- I mad a kick-ass, though easy, dinner tonight. MIL came over and she was in good form and was helpful with the kids. We had grilled pork tenderloin, fried green tomatoes, salad caprese and grilled pineapple. It rocked!
- After dinner we took a family walk with everyone, including the dog. It was a beautiful walk! We even had to wear jackets!
- When we finished our walk we got the kids ready for bed, they really didn’t fight it much. Darling built a fire outside and Darling, SIL and myself had some wine and talked for a few hours.
- I stink of Eau de Campfire.
- SIL might rush home tomorrow ahead of the storm.
- We are trying to talk SIL into staying an extra day or two, no reason to drive home in the rain to try to beat the storm home.
- I don’t want to go to bed right now because it is so quiet!
I am hormonal. Having my normal nephew here is difficult. He is chatty, a charmer, generally pleasant and cute. He also eats. I can’t help but watch Bugaboo and cringe. At the playground it was tough, too. Bugaboo did his normal circle (he finds a loop, like up the ramp, down the slide, around the back and back up the ramp, and does it over and over) for the whole two hours. At panera he stared at the ceiling fan and stimmed on the stroller with his feet. And Bug Boy’s anxiety about school next week is making it loads of fun here. And my in-laws, and most other people, don’t think there is anything “wrong” with him since he seems so normal. They have no idea.
Gotta stop feeling sorry for myself. This is my life. I can handle it, I can do it. I have been doing it. Don’t compare to others. Keep finding more moms and dads with kids with ASDs to hang with. And find some time to see my friends. THAT is killing me. I need some girl time, badly.
Five days a week Sept 11. Can’t wait, but I know I’ll miss them both!