July 20, 2006 by The Domestic Goddess
Things I want to get done around the house!
- Clean up around the yard – many miscellaneous things just hanging around that need to be put away or decluttered.
- Cut back bushes that have taken over the yard
- trim back the rose bush that has gone to town on the side of the yard
- Hack the ugly bushes in front of the porch and get rid of ‘em!
- Pull out mulch, put dirt in flower beds and re-mulch with brown instead of red (next year, methinks)
- Paint front door and shutters
- Take down makeshift railing from previous owners and replace with a nicer one
- Create new flower beds near corner of yard in front (around street sign), on kitchen side of house when you first walk into yard (outside of picture window, so I can watch the birds and butterflies) and on deck side of rear yard in corner where Lake Erie begins to form (to minimize the yard flooding)
- Get rid of rock pile on side of house from when part of retaining wall was removed. Talk to the neighbor who wants the rocks and ask him to get them!
- Remove small tree in side yard that is NOT doing well and is not growing. Is diseased and a type of tree we don’t want in back yard.
- Plant another tree on “old pool” side of backyard, away from sewer line (we’d like a copper beech or Sugar Maple, like our old house)
- Call and get mulch prices and have them deliver play mulch for around swingset so that the sand stops getting tracked into the house!!!
- Start harassing DH about deck plans, we have to rip down our structurally unsafe deck and want to replace it with a two-level deck, with the steps coming down towards the garage instead of the street. We have to call Uncle Pete in on this one!